By Pastor Dave
Specific Will of God (con’t.)
Life is made up of three great decisions in life.
- Salvation – Where are you going when you die?
- Your mate – If you are to be married.
- Your calling – What are you going to do for the rest of your life?
All wrapped around by Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ and Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among man brethren.
Here are some well tested guidelines on finding the right mate if you are to be married.
- You marry the girl, you marry the family. You marry the guy, you marry the family.
- Do not stick a square peg into a round hole and do not round off the edges.
- It is the little things that make a marriage.
- Great friends may not get married but in a great marriage you will be great friends.
- Get your calling first and then get your mate according to your calling.
- God delivers to the door. Remember it is not DiGorno it is delivery.
- Look at a person where they are at not what you think they are or what you can change in them. In short, expectations have become the unfulfilled dreams of many marriages.
- All great marriages, like great friendships, are built on one word: trust. If your dating relationship is not pure, truthful, and trustworthy, how will it be that way after you are married?
- Do not open the package before it is time. What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost who is in you, whom ye have of God, and ye are not your own? It is best to not even touch it and be tempted to open it (I Corinthians 6:19). Now concerning the things about which ye wrote unto me, it is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication. Let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband (I Corinthians 7:1, 2).
- Start from the inside out not the outside in. There needs to be attraction but God will give you that when it is right. Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who feareth the Lord, she shall be praised (Proverbs 31:30).
- Wait on God! He always gives the best. Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart (Psalms 37:4). For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory. No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly (Psalms 84:11).
I believe if you are single that God has a specific person for you if you are to be married. If you are single and content then stay that way. Humor the people that try to run your life by always trying to fix you up with someone. God’s plan for you may be to remain single and that is wonderful. Listen to God.
If you have a constant loneliness for a companion or to share your life with a mate then that is honorable also. God knows your heart and your needs better than you. He is preparing someone specific for you. Trust me. I have seen it many times, but you must delight yourself in him and wait.
Let me address those of you who feel that you married the wrong person for a myriad of reasons. I believe when you made your vows before God, even if you were outside of the will of God, that the person you married became God’s will for your life ‘til death do you part.” You cannot unmarry that person even though the road may be hard and sometimes near impossible. God’s will is one of those areas that you can get out of but if you repent and seek him you can get back in. Even if you were like Paul who said ‘I did it ignorantly” God can bless and make your marriage a great marriage and his will will be sweet for you and your family.
It is very important to help our children make the right choices in this area. This is an area of God’s will that shows a lot of despair and frustration in our churches. There are a lot of unhappy marriages and people who will create more unhappy marriages. There is hope and instruction in seeking God’s will on the matter.
To be continued ………………..