By Pastor Dave
General Will of God
I believe that God has a general will that he communicates to us through the scriptures. They are statements he expresses to us clearly and explicitly in his desires, commands, disciplines, judgments as well as blessings. First he desires you to be saved. God is not willing that any should perish. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (II Peter 3:9). He is never the reason someone will spend eternity in hell. We are! We all died in Adam. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive (I Corinthians 15:22). All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way, and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:6). God has many attributes. Not only is he sovereign but he is a God of compassion and love. I love to share the gospel to lost and dying people and tell them the message God has told me to tell them. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house (Acts 16:31). Just like someone did with me on January 31, 1975.
This is part of the general will of God that we share his gospel and people come to know him from all walks of life and from all races of every kindred, tribe and tongue. Revelation 5:9 You will never get God’s perfect will or specific will unless you come to salvation. If you are not saved you cannot know his will. I tell you, Nay. But, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (Luke 13:3). But without faith it is impossible to please him (Hebrews 11:6a). The gospel is:
- Believing that Jesus is God. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9).
- You are a sinner against God. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- Christ died on the cross for your sins. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses, blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross (Colossians 2:13, 14).
- You repent of our sins and ask for forgiveness. I tell you, Nay. But, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (Luke 13:3).
- Christ died, rose again, and is alive. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures (I Corinthians 15:2-4).
- If you ask, he will come into your heart by way of the Holy Spirit, save you, and dwell in you. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God (I John 5:13). To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).
- He will guarantee you eternal life in heaven.
That is his will for you!
To be continued ………………..