By Pastor Dave
W3CP2 = The Will of God
Let me summarize the will of God for you. I put it in a formula W3CP2 = The Will of God so I wouldn’t forget what I’ve learned from George Mueller. This formula is a process and will not unfold in the order presented but will take part in various orders based on your decisions and will always lead to the peace of God and the will of God for you.
W – Word of God
- God’s will cannot lead you outside the Word of God, so knowing God’s word and its context and application is all important.
W – Will in Neutral
- Our will must be in neutral if God is to work. “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me” (John 5:30). Luke Jones taught me a great lesson in this area. He said, “You can always tell if your will is in neutral when you don’t get what you want.” George Mueller said that most Christians miss the will of God in this area because they cannot put their will in neutral.
W – Wait on God
This may be the hardest thing for us to do and that is to wait on God.
- I often ask people a question as a prerequisite for God’s will. Are they willing to go anywhere or do anything God wants and wait as long as it takes to get God’s will? More times than not, this waiting as long as it takes is the one people struggle with most.
- How long should you wait? There is no time limit. Let God end the waiting not you. Saul didn’t wait and it was the beginning of him losing his kingdom. I Samuel 13:11-13
- You will know when God puts an end to your waiting. I Samuel 1:17, 18
C – Circumstances
God uses the circumstances of life to reveal and confirm his will in your life.
- The circumstances of life that are of God to show his will always line up with the word of God. This is important because Satan can also use circumstances to pull us out of the will of God.
- You don’t have to create the circumstances of life to get the will of God lest you fall into manipulation. He creates and brings circumstances into our lives according to his will. But he is also the controller of all circumstances and uses both the good and the bad for his benefit to his glory. Genesis 41:14
P – Prayer
Prayer is the oil that makes this formula function. George Mueller calls this prevailing prayer.
- Prayer of wanting his will Isaiah 40:31
- Prayer of making our requests known Philippians 4:6
- Persistency in our prayer Jeremiah 29:13
- Power in our prayer James 5:16
- Personal prayer with God Psalm 37:4
- Always praying for his way in our life I Thessalonians 5:17
P – Peace
Peace for me is the confirming factor in the will of God.
- Peace releases me from the cares of finding his will. I Peter 5:7
- Peace reassures me that God will not forsake me in seeking his will. Hebrews 13:5
- Peace assures me that God will answer. Peace allows me to trust no matter what the answer is because his ways are always the best and I can rest in that.
- Peace is the reassuring of my heart that I have found his will. Continuing in his will and knowing that the only thing in life that can bring me peace is his will.
- In closing, peace is knowing that he … “is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (Ephesians 3:20).
That verse gives me peace and I believe it with all my heart that God will show me his will plainly and I believe he will show his will to you also. “… Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10). You and I happen to be one of the vehicles to carry out his will. What an honor, what a blessing, what a treasure hunt he has set us on. Go like me and find his will and do it for his glory. “That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ” (Ephesians 1:12).